Welcome to the Food Haul!


Anyone who knows me will know that as well as designing and making unique aluminium and silver jewellery, I LOVE food!!
Yes, we are foodies!

This blog intends to bring you little food likes and finds from my week so that you can try them too if you want to. You should also be warned that I am, and always will be, a chocoholic, so if anyone out there wants me to testdrive any - feel free to let me know!!

Enjoy!

Sunday 6 November 2011

Chilli Hot Chocolate!

Hello again everyone!

I was planning to blog about the new River Cottage Canteen and Deli in Royal William Yard, Plymouth, this week, however I've found out that it doesn't open until the 15th!! Doh!  Never mind, it's looking good through the windows, and staff are clearly in and being trained. We shall wait with baited breath!

Of course, as it wasn't open to sample, we had to pop back in to the Royal William Bakery, because it would have been rude not to! Two lattes and two shortbread biscuits the size of teaplates (one stem ginger and one chocolate chip) we staggered out and ended up having lunch for dinner because we were still so full!

I was really sad earlier on this year to see the doors of one of my favourite stores, Whittards, close in Plymouth - so imagine my joy now that they've reopended for business inside Drakes Circus shopping centre.  This has to be my product recommendation of the week.  You must try their tub of Chilli Hot Chocolate, it really is heaven in a cup and guaranteed to warm you up on a cold winters night.

Recommendation of the week


So, what else has been happening on the foodie front?  Well, we've caught up on I Player with all of Nigel Slater's current series and have already tried a number of recipes (we can recommend the prawn, noodle, chilli and coconut soup) and we have more planned for the coming week.  My husband made the best thai red chicken and butternut squash curry the other night, it really was amazing. Today's my day though and we're having roast pork with roasted veg - let's hope the crackling is successful!

Well, I shall see you next week with some more foodie news, but if you want to see more of my blogs and you have any interest in jewellery and gifts, why not take a look at my other blog because next week (Thursday) I will be featuring a great artist Phiona Richards of Rare Notions, who makes the most amazing book scultputres and jewellery from damaged and unwanted books.
http://slicksilverjewellery.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment